Community Champions Council - (CCC)
Serangoon JC
81 Champion Members
Teacher In Charge : MR CLNTON YEW
President: Chun Yuan 1 s01
Vice-President: Yhih huua 1S23
Publisizing Administrative Committee [PAC]
Exco-I/C: Nariah 1A07 [Hon. Secretary] and Ernest 1A02 [Hon. Treasurer]
Committee: Ambiente (Environment)
Exco I/C: Nur Fadilah 1S07
Assistant I/C: Shu Chen 1S20
Committee: Aged
Exco I/C:
Assistant I/C: Bryan Lim 1S04
Committee: Less Fortunate
Exco I/C: Charlotte Chan 1A01
Assistant I/C: Bernice Huang 1A07
A Vibrant Council
Passionate Hearts
Always ready to serve!
Upcoming Highlights
Legacies Of Love and Butterflies Of Hope FundRaising 2007!
Check out the NEW google Calendar!
Contact Us
Your feedbacks to us are very valuable as it helps to improve our site.
Do not hesitate to email us at
blog4ccc@gmail.com
Thursday, June 07, 2007
Reflections Of Ernest and Joanna from PAC
RE: Dialogue Session with Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr George Yeo. At an initial stage, I have always thought that Dialogue sessions would be boring and often uninteresting. But, however, the experience I gained from this dialogue session changed my perspective and mindset. Being part of the team that our school sent for the dialogue session made me feel that I was able to play a dynamic role in representing Serangoon JC. I was glad that I was given such an opportunity to take part in this dialogue session. In general, the discussions raised by the fellow participants were both insightful and enriching. They were interesting and developed much generation of ideas and thoughts within me. It enabled me to think widely and made me think how the issues raised were relevant to the context of today’s society. On top of that, the depth of maturity in which the various speakers questioned Mr George Yeo was evident and varied widely. It was interesting to see the views from different age groups of people. To add on, the responses provided by Mr George Yeo was direct and straight to the point most of the time. He too, provided examples and used real life experiences to substantiate his points clearly and interestingly. Not only were the issues discussed interesting but the relationships built with the fellow CCC members were heightened and as a result, we got to know one another better during the dinner we had together before the event. I felt that it was a great opportunity for us, excos to gather as leaders that represents the student body of CCC. Personally, I look forward to more opportunities for such events in which bonding not only reside among the excos but to also involve all members of CCC as well. Nevertheless, I’m sure that more opportunities will come by and I hope that all members of CCC will grab hold of such situations and make the best of it in any given circumstances! Let’s do something because we want to but not because we have to! Yours Truly, Ernest Tan.
Joanna Yeo's Reflection
I feel that this event is a great exposure for our ccc members as it enable us to discuss various diversity issues from youths to nation on the whole. It was an unforgettable discussion where people from all walks of life, different junior colleges and associations came together and actively participated and raise up many questions.Question concerning our nation's aging population, youth entry to local universities to raise of ministers' income in Singapore. Views were exchanged between Minister George Yeo, grassroot leaders and youths. We get to interact with other junior college students in the same region. Example such as NYJC and MJC. Great learning experience for all of us and stronger bond build between our ccc members. Delicious refreshments too. I have learnt that it is vital for our government to have better understanding with its people which also includes the youths. I look forward seeing more such events for our ccc members. :)
Joanna.
Kindness in words creates confidence, kindness in thinking creates profoundness, kindness in feeling creates love. By Lao Tzu 9:27 PM
Our Champions
Capture The Moment
July 2006[x]
April 2007[x]
May 2007[x]
June 2007[x]
July 2007[x]
August 2007[x]
April 2008[x]